The heated competition of the silent auction is always a highlight of Food Slam. This year, the big man himself, Mr. Tom Crawford, will be stationed in the Grohmann Museum foyer to host a live auction while attendees line the balconies above. A Thunder Dome of charity auctions, if you will. TC will be feeding you updates on the auction throughout the Food Slam and up-to-the-minute prior to the close of bidding at 8:45 pm. Two amazing packages are on the block:
First, our good friend and internationally renowned artist, Charles Dwyer, has made the single biggest charity donation of his career to WMSE this year. Behold; this breathtaking oil and gold and silver leaf on canvas figurative painting is 57″ X 69″. The ethereal female figure is surrounded by icons of Dwyer’s dreams floating in and out of a storm of colors. Dwyer is a long-standing supporter of WMSE. The beauty and generosity of this donation are as grand as his belief in and support of the mission of community-powered Frontier Radio.
Next up, you may have heard of a little shindig known as the Milwaukee Film Festival. Well, we’ve got your pass to the whole dang thing and more. Our gracious friends at Milwaukee Film have donated an exclusive package to the WMSE Food Slam auction featuring Dual Movie Mogul Memberships to Milwaukee Film that includes:
- 2 all access VIP Film Festival Passes,
- 2 invites to a Filmmaker Brunch,
- 6 pack of festival vouchers,
- 6 month membership to a DVD of the month club,
- 2 Milwaukee Film t-shirts,
- 12 members only film screenings (monthly at the Oriental)
- the best discounts on all MFF merch/tickets
Not enough for ya? Milwaukee Film sweetened the deal with 2 invitations to the Red Carpet Experience of Opening Night including:
- Valet Parking on Opening Night Movie & Party, and a special Red Carpet ticket holder section of Opening Night Party that includes hor d’oeuvres and an open bar in addition to the full Opening Night Party
Finally, they tossed in a messenger bag and a screen printed poster to top this whole thing off.
MFF Marketing Director, Blyth Meier, had this to say: “I can’t tell you how many times I go to a WMSE event and run into MFF volunteers or vice-versa. It just warms my heart. So when WMSE was looking for a donation for this year’s Food Slam, we said HELL YES and put together this incredible package. Thankfully, the Slam is not during the festival this year so we can be there to fortify ourselves before we enter popcorn season.” It’s nice to know we’ll all have something to look forward to after Food Slam.
The auction is open now so do not waste any time bidding on these incredible items. Just click here to register and you’re on your way. Here’s how the bidding works:
- By text – Text the 3-digit item number and amount to the welcome message you receive, e.g., 101 500, no dollar signs or decimals are needed.
- By smartphone – Click the link in your registration text. It will take you to a personal bidding page. Click on an item and place a bid; it’s that simple.
- By computer – click on an item and place a bid.
- By “personal shopper” on event night – Find an Auctions By Cellular (ABC) staff in a RED shirt and they will be happy to place your bids for you.
Of course, even if you cannot make it, you can still bid on these thanks to ABC, but your chances are better if you’re in the room. Lucky for you, there are still some will-call tickets available to the event on Friday. Click here to purchase your ticket and join the party! We can’t wait to see you!